domingo, 18 de abril de 2010

SONG ACTIVITY - LEARNING TO FLY

LEARNING TO FLY - Tom Petty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BJXwNeKsQ
Cybele Gallo
1. Listen to the song and fill in with the missing words

Well I started out down a dirty road
Started out all …………………………
And the sun went down as I ……………………………..the hill
And the town lit up, the world got still
I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got …………………………
Coming down is the hardest thing
Well the good old days may not …………………………..
And the rocks might melt and the sea may burn
I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got …………………………….
Coming down is the hardest thing
Well some say life will beat you down
……………………….your heart, steal your crown
So I've started out, for God knows where
I guess I'll know when I get ……………………….
I'm learning to fly, around the ……………………………,
But what goes up must come down
I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got ……………………………..
Coming down is the hardest thing

2. Find in the song above :

a. One sentence that expresses an action that is happening now, at the moment:
………………………………………………………………………………………………
b. One sentence that expresses certainty
……………………………………………………………………………………………….
c. 03 prepositions
………………………………………………………………………………………………
d. Two sentences that express finished actions ( past)
……………………………………………………………………………………………….
e. One sentence that expresses a possibility
……………………………………………………………………………………………….
f. One sentence that expresses a future action
………………………………………………………………………………………………

3. What are the questions?
a. ___________________________________________ ?
I am learning to fly
b. ___________________________________________ ?
It is to come down.
c.____________________________________________?
They may not return.
d.____________________________________________?
They say that life will beat you down.

4. LINKING WORDS
And/But/ Or/So

Look at these two sentences:

The weather was good. The pilot took off.

We can join them together to from one sentence like this:

The weather was good SO the pilot took off.

SO is a conjunction and shows that the second idea is the result of the first one.
Conjunctions have different functions.


AND : Joins two related ideas together.

The Captain said to the controller we had an RA and we would like a heading to the runway.

BUT : Joins two contrasting ideas

I think I heard them talking to another aircraft but I cannot be sure.

OR : Joins two alternative ideas

The passenger had to stow his bag or his bag were going to be checked in.

SO : Shows that the second idea is the result of the first

The passenger continued to use his cell phone, so the Captain requested that the passenger’s services supervisor met the flight.

1) Complete the sentences with and , but, so, or

a. Vinicius was cold , …………………… he asked his friend to close the window.
b. To get to the airport you can take the bus …………….. the subway.
c. We were having some problems with the brake indicator lights ……………… we returned to the ramp for maintenance checks.
d. As I leveled off, the plane was hard to fly ………….. ATC vectored me to the ILS at Prescott.
e. The Captain instructed us immediately to take a seat, …………………. The instruction came simultaneously with the turbulence. ………………., in our case, it was too late.
f. I noticed that the passengers were standing, trying to get the flight attendant ‘s attention, ……………………. I went to investigate.
g. As we were on short final, my attention remained on the aircraft flight path …………….. airspeed .
h. The captain asked the flight attendant to call for a doctor on board, …………… there wasn’t any.
i. There was no room on the ramp to the loiter,…………….I requested taxi clearance to runway 24 before completing my ‘before taxi’ checks.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário